Friday, May 20, 2011

...6 hours later!!!

I arrive in London at 7 am on May 16th. I get off the plane and head straight for Immigration. Little did I know, that I was heading to the Long WAIT of my life!! I didn't leave the aiport until 3 hours laters! It was awful! It was HOT and I came across so many different smells of funk! It was horrible! I finally made it through by the grace of GOD!!
 Plane view of London!!
 Nido's King Cross! My residence for the next 7 weeks! 
 View from my window!!
 More view...
 Random...I know!
 ME + London = VTorrious Living! To GOD be ALL the GLORY!!
 More view...

 In London, we don't "buck" we "pound!!" A pound is the currency in London. When the lady gave me change, I was like can I get some bills... I'm quite sure that gave my American identity away!! Her response, "We don't have bills that low." I walk away with a confused look...
 Time to get some grub at the PUB!!
 Pub down the street from my residence hall.

 (right to left) Kathleen, Hannah from UT and Yours Truly from OLE MISS!!
 Night view...
 Night view...
As the night comes to an end, I decide to go get something to drink from the vending machine! The first "American" thing I see is a Powerade and I go for it! Don't let the present picture of this drink fool you... it was NASTY!! Desperate times call for desperate measures...just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment