Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Left a good job down in the city...workin' for the man every night and DAY!!!"

Hola Viewers!! I know I'm behind on the posts; hopefully, I'll catch up today!! This picture is from my first day of work. Just in case if you were wondering "Why is she in London", let me break it down to you! I am a part of program called EUSA, which is a study abroad program from internships. I am interning at WebWear! They are a leading women's clothing manufacturer in the UK! They design clothes for ASOS, Urban Outfitters, New Look, Lipsy, etc. I report to work on Monday through Thursday from 9:30-5!! Working the 9-5  is no joke!! (I'm now thinking about becoming a professional student, as a career!! Shouts out to ALL the "Professional Students" out there! You're the SMART ones!!) #justsaying
       Anyway, my first day of work was very productive...if you consider folding fabrics productive!! My duties consisted of photocopying, filing, and folding fabrics!! But forreal, I enjoyed my first day!! I finally got a chance to meet some friendly Londoners! I think they like me too...hold up...I KNOW they liked me...have you seen me SMILE?!!!! :) The first thing I had to do was to attach cost sheets to different designs and file them. I learned about how they do the different sizes of clothing, which was quite interesting! Then, I was put on duty for folding fabrics! NOT AN EASY TASK!! Have you tried folding chiffon... that stuff does NOT stay folded!! So, I found a trick to it!! I roll it up, fold over the edges(makes it look folded), and i put it at the bottom of the bin! #ididmybest Also, I had to bag old fabrics so they could be given away! They let me take some fabric home which was AWESOME!! When I come home, I going "Project Runway on yall!!" I am very excited about working for WebWear! This is a HUGE opportunity for me to learn all the different aspects of design and merchandising!! I even get to apply some ACCOUNTING techniques as well!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment