Wednesday, May 25, 2011

PARDON MEEEE!!!!!

Bonjour my fellow viewers!! So, here's the deal...I sort of got lazy on Saturday and I didn't take any pictures! Ooops, my bad! I'm just going to tell you about my first Saturday experience in London. My main goal for Saturday was to do a little shopping! I got up around 10 but didn't get out of the bed until 12! Got dressed at 1 and I took a break because I was tired!(I'm still getting used to the 6 hour time difference.) After my long break of an hour and 49 minutes...(so I'm super lazy, you know you are too)...and I headed on out to catch the tube to Knightsbridge. Knightsbridge is where the Harrod's department store is located(world's largest department store) as well as the Alexander McQueen display. There were soooo many people out, it was RIDICULOUS!! People were bumping into me and hardly anyone understood what "Excuse me" or as the British say "Pardon me" means. When I went into the stores, the lines( they say "queues") were extremly long and there were so many people in the them!! Shopping was wearing me OUT...especially when I saw the PRICES. This is how shopping goes for an American in London: You're in the store and you spot a piece that catches you're interest or something that you know will look good on you: then, you put it next to your body and you look at it from different angles. Now that you've grown madly in LOVE with the piece and you have made up in your mind that you're going to get it...you look down at the price...and get excited like "Yea, I'm going to get this!!" Then you realize that you are an AMERICAN and you have to multiply that tag price TIMES 2.5 and your jaw drops!! You THROW that hanger back so quick on the rack and then you get mad at EVERY person in the store!! Your feelings are crushed and you go get something to eat...not because it will make you feel better...but because it is the CHEAPEST thing in London!! #justsaying

No comments:

Post a Comment