Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day #2!!

 Heading out for work...I was actually 5 minutes late!! I got on the wrong tube!!
 So, this was around the time when the Obamas were in town... when I saw these soldiers in hot suits on horses, I just KNEW the president was riding through and guess what...................IT WASN'T!! I was sooo disappointed! How the Elizabeth number TWO...NOT #1...BUT 2, get to see Barack and Michelle and I can't even get a close up! I'm writing a letter to Liz #2 (she has yet to invite me for tea) and a letter to the Obamas expressing my depression of not being able to see them in England or the US(the fact that I'm American really takes this to another level).
#justsaying
Now that I think about it...EVEN KATE got to meet the Obamas!! SMH
 This is another picture I took while my hopes we up high!! ;-P
 I'm guessing these were cannons the horses were carrying...I just wish I knew this before I stopped to take pictures and waste my time!
Hello Everyone!! This is my second day of work and I'm writing this a week later...#don'tjudgeme! Hopefully, I'll get caught up today on posts!! When I got there, I had to finish my unfinished duties from yesterday! I had to put up the fabrics that I folded. This seems like an easy task, if you're the "Fabric Whisperer." When my boss told me to put them up by softs, heavy, and something else , I don't remember! Anyway, the heavy were pretty easy to figure out. Fabrics that are usually used to construct pants or "trousers" (as the British would say...pants are conisdered undergarments) are considered heavy. When I would ask my boss were to put it she would feel it and within the next second she could tell where it went...ME, on the other hand! I would feel the fabric for about 15 seconds (you could tell I didn't know what I was doing) and still wouldn't know where to put it! After about 30 minutes and increase of ash on my hands, I started to get the hang of sorting fabrics. There is still lots to learn about fabrics and I look forward to learning about them! After I finished, I went and helped two ladies with their presentations for a company(don't know if I can put names on here) they present to tomorrow in GERMANY!! cOOl, I know!! I got insight to another part of Webwear. These ladies do graphic designs for different companies and it's quite amazing to see what they do. Hopefully, I'll be able to tap into my inner graphic designer while I'm here. VERY EXCITED!! Once I finished, I was back to filing patterns and cost sheets. Also...I can't forget the coolest part of my day! We provide clothing for Urban Outfitters and we will have a meeting with them tomorrow. They have requested a design for a new trouser so, my boss had me searching through different magazines and some printouts for new ideas for the Urban Outfitter trouser. I thought that was cool that I get to help with new trends!! AWESOME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment