Thursday, June 9, 2011

Let's GO CARNIVALLLLLLLL!!!

These pictures are from Memorial Day...(yeah, I know that was a week and three days ago)...#don'tjudge. Anyway, I spent the holiday with my WOF church family! They were having a carnival in Luton so, that's what my day consisted of. Also, I tried french toast for the first time and it was AMAZING! Mama Met made them from scratch and she put strawberries and bananas on TOP!! Simply wonderful! (Just in case you're wondering who Mama Met is, she is the mother of the first lady, whom I also stayed with.) Later on after breakfast the Ramsey family picked me up and we headed to the CARNIVAL. It was drizzling when we left the house and I just knew it was going to come to a stop...boy, was I WRONG!! It rained the entire time...and people were STILL out! If this was home and it was raining, we would stay at the house, order in, and watch tv!! When it was finally time to go, I looked like a wet poodle and my shoes were soak and wet!

 I  
 Heading out to go CARNIVAL!! (They used it as a verb! )
 Getting closer...
 Neighborhood near the carnival
 Tomeika!
 I need a pair of these!
 Mikael and I!!
 For a day like this...ice cream is deserved!!

 Why our pedestrians back home don't look like this?!! Theirs are so cool!! I REFUSE to be a pedestrian any longer in the state of Mississippi, until, we get signs like these!!

 Jamaican Cuisine!!
 I'm not a fan of hot wings or chicken with bones; however, my life was changed today!! The wing was simply delicious!
 JERK CHICKEN!! That's what they call it!! I took some jerk chicken and rice to work th following day! Best lunch EVER!! It was soo good!!
 And you call yourselves security...smh
 I still don't understand why all these people are out...GO HOME!! Does rain mean anything to you all?!!!


 Baiscally, carnival is another word for block party here! Up this hill, was CROWDED!! I was making my way through the crowd and turned right back around!
#ain'tNOway
As you can see, this is where the majority of the Afri-Brits stay!!
 

 OMG!! Obviously this girl has no friends, otherwise she wouldn't have came out the house like this!!
#justsaying

 The first mall I've seen since I've been here!!
 Go home sir...no one is going to buy this stuff...unless it taste or smell like chicken!

They wear weave in England too!! 
#longhairdon'tcare...horsetailsain'tfair

 There are so many things wrong with picture, I choose not to comment any longer...

Here's the Scoop on this guy: He was on his bike just pedaling away...all of a sudden...he pedals SMACK INTO this lady! I couldn't believe! I would taken a picture of them on the ground but I was trying to finish my ice cream!! My verdict on this...BOTH of them were DRUNK so, no one got hurt!!

 I was trying to get a picture of their outfits from the front! These girls were actually decent looking! I don't see how that girl wearing heels over there!!
#couldn'tbeME
I don't know what she was thinking...in NO WAY is this OKAY!!
#justsaying
 
Poor ScooOOOooooOOOby!!! He had to get dealt with! #RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment