Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why MEEEEEE?!!! :)

Bonjour!! JUNE has arrived! Actually, this is the first post about the month of June! #slacker Anyway, when I arived to work, my first task was to finish organizing the rest of the binders from yesterday. Once I finished, I was given the job of going through ALL the pattern cabinets and making sure that their in order! When she told me this, in my head, I was thinking this has GOT TO BE A JOKE!! Omg! Why me!! But I had to grab hold of myself and give me a good ol' shaking! I stayed positive and put a smile on while I counted over 500 patterns. To GOD be the GLORY! I really wanted to pout in the beginning, then I realized that I have to work my way on up. You don't start off at the top...you WORK your way on UP!! That goes for any job, intern, and LIFE! I know that there are bigger things in store for me and GOD just wants to see how I handle those small things! Once I completed this tasks, I was given another one of those "Why me!!" tasks. I had to organize...wait for it...wait for it...ZIPPERS!! I know I said I was going to be positive, but LORD, what are you trying to prove!!lol j/k This may sound easy but it's...it's...I can't even describe it! I had to assort them color. Once their color assorted, I have to seperate them by teeth color, THEN, I had to seperate them by teeth sizes of 1, 3, or 5, and LASTLY, but the length of the actual zipper. I'm not going to lie...even though I was smiling...I was a little upset! (forgive me!) I'm thinking to myself, "I KNOW I didn't come ALL this way to sort...ZIPPERS!" There were soooooooo many...it was RIDICULOUS! I got overwhelmed!! I'm sorry if this is complaining but, I put in a lot of hard work to get here and it was no easy task preparing for London. This is such a BIG step for me and I don't want it to go to waste. In the end, I turned my frown upside down (inside and outside, as well) and I looked at this as a learning experience! I got to learn about different zippers and their uses. Also, I'm buying pants with BUTTONS ONLY....NO ZIPPERS!! In the end, I kind of like bringing order amonst the MANY zippers! When it was getting close to the end of the day, I was still no where near finished (I told you it was a LOT of zippers) so, I asked to do a drop-off for Miss Selfridge! I actually enjoy making the deliveries! I feel like, you never know who you're going to bump into while you're in their office! :)


"What doesn't kill you, will ONLY make you STRONGER!"

I met her on the elevator. This picture does that outfit no justice. The back of that cardigan was so CUTE!
 So, I got on the tube and decided to do what most British people do while they're on the tube...read the newspaper! Guess who is in the newspaper...KATE!!
AND....Pippa and friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment